Thursday, December 18, 2008

Thai Food and Riesling Post-Retail Therapy

So my friend and manager Samantha from The Wine Country recently wrote on her blog about her form of Retail Therapy and that was drinking the finest grower Champagnes on the market in the month of December as a reward for working hard. Reading that of course made my mouth water and crave Champagne, but in actual practice, I am hoarding Champagne and saving it for a special occasion, a time when we can really enjoy it...... in the meantime I am enjoying Thai food with Spatlese!

The food: chicken curry in a coconut cream, laced with lemon grass and all sorts of fun aromatic herbs, over fragrant white rice. The wine: 2005 Bert Simon Serrig Wurtzgarten Riesling Spatlese. I wonder if Bert Simon knows how much his wines are enjoyed with food of the Asian persuasion!

Pure bliss!

5 comments:

Samantha Dugan said...

Get your "feel good" on how ever you wish girlie....just get it on! Put a smile on my face thinking about you drinking your beloved Riesling with Thai food, finally able to relax after a very long day. I raise a glass to you.

One important tip about saving bubbles for a special occasion...special occasions more often than not means gathering, which implies a group...see where I am going with this....group means less Champagne for you, awww see just thinking of having less Champagne made my face all pouty...

Unknown said...

Samantha is a gal after my own heart. I was just given a lovely bottle of vintage Heidsick for New Years. Fingers crossed that husband is happy with his cocktails and I can drink the whole thing!

And Nancy, I ADORE Rieslings with Thai food. I think I know what I'm having for dinner tonight!

Happy holidays!

Nancy Deprez said...

Thanks for the comments ladies! Sorry for the slow reply here.

Yes, yes, I know that saving bubblies for special occasions is just so.... wrong and pedestrian. I should know better than to save Champagne for special occasions only, it is like going out for dinner only on Valentines day or something - totally gauche.

Happy holidays everyone!

thailand real estate said...

Yup! I would rather save the champagne for myself or my partner than sharing it with a large group. They are perfectly happy with beer anyway. Cheers!

bars Singapore said...

Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic. If possible, as you gain expertise, would you mind updating your blog with more information? It is extremely helpful for me