Just came back from an evening of tasting Wegeler wines at The Wine Country.
1. Damn, these wines are good!
2. Yes, there's a reason why Eiswein, Beerenauslese & Trockenbeerenauslese Rieslings are considered the top end of white wines. And Randy is right when he says many people go through life without tasting these wines, and here we were tasting them, just 22 wine lovers in one place appreciating these noble wines.
3. It's nice to live within 5 miles of a great wine shop.
4. There ARE people that appreciate these great wines.
5. Bernkasteler Doctor - lovely, as always.
It was great to see The Wine Country's proprietor and German wine director Randy conduct a class for wines he loves, and it was fun to be tasting with German Riesling lovers in Long Beach.