Saturday, September 6, 2008

If you have to drink wine at 10 am, make it a German Riesling, please

It's Saturday, and I'm having my post-10-mile run meal and a couple small tastes of Rieslings that are left in my fridge from my week of work. Oh, and I should mention this is my pre-work meal also, since 11 am is when I start my shift at The Wine Country.....

If you have to taste wine or drink something this early in the morning (though it feels late since I was up at 6am), make it a Riesling. Better yet, a fruity Mosel 2007 Riesling. I'm drinking 2007 Mosel River Riesling, a negotiant wine made by Rudi Wiest Selections/Cellars International. Awesome. Fresh, bright, citrusy, floral, and apply, all in one. The wine I tasted before that was the 2006 Von Buhl Jazz Riesling which I liked less, but others like it, those that prefer a drier palate. But for me, bring on the fruit and don't hold back, especially when it comes to fruit from Germany 2007, because it's clean, fresh, and zippy.

Yum!

4 comments:

Samantha Dugan said...

Nancy,
I feel someone's "wild child" coming.....drinking Riesling with your breakfast?! You Rock Star....I'm so proud.
Don't know how you did it yesterday, 10 mile run, 11-7 shift on a Saturday...maybe the Riesling helped?

Nancy Deprez said...

Yeah, I think the Riesling helped.

I actually came into work kind of tired, but by the end of the day, I got a second wind. It ended up being a decent day for me! :)

Nancy Deprez said...

As for rock star.... no, it was just THERE, in the fridge, and it was hot out and I was thirsty, know what I mean? :)

Michael Hughes said...

Damn! I've gotta start running or get back into yoga & swimming to keep up you Nancy!