Sunday, August 24, 2008

T'is the day before going out on the road...

The fridge is all stocked with samples before my first appointments to clients in the wide world. Monday should prove an interesting day of driving around in Los Angeles meeting with wine buyers.

Last evening, I had the pleasure of having dinner with great friends and drinking a fantabulous old Riesling - not too old but just old enough: 1994 Wegeler Wehlener Sonnenuhr Riesling Spatlese. What a beauty! Absolutely balanced, with plenty of fruit for a 14 year old, soft mature Riesling flavors of baked apple, pear cider, pie spice, and dried apricot. Sweet but definitely not too. A wine that wows and never fails to impress. A stunner at only $37.99. I'm going to plan on drinking this wine a lot more often.

3 comments:

Samantha Dugan said...

Good luck on your first day!!! Feel like I should be packing you a lunch or something....get em girlie.
Hugs,
Sam

Michael Hughes said...

Good luck today. I imagine that you're bursting with excitement!

Nancy Deprez said...

Awww, thanks guys! :) Sam, you can pack me a lunch anytime!